According to recent statistics reported by OSHA, 971 construction workers died in on-the-job accidents in 2017. More than half of those deaths were caused by what OSHA terms the “Fatal Four” – tragedies caused by four accidents: falls, struck by object, electrocution, and caught-in-between. To prevent future accidents like these, it’s crucial to plan ahead and ensure safety measures are well-established.
Prevent Accidents with Safety Measures
- Ensure a competent person is trained to OSHA safety standards and is performing daily inspections on the worksite and work equipment.
- Train employees to recognize and report potential hazards as they emerge on the worksite, from weather conditions to equipment conditions.
- Plan ahead by creating an emergency action plan for accidents on the worksite, including training in basic first aid and CPR.
Contractors and subcontractors should also consider adding apps geared toward guarding your safety and the safety of your workers as another means of preventing construction accidents.
Top Apps for Worksite Safety
- OSHA’s Heat Safety Tool – This app allows you to calculate the heat index on the worksite and notifies you of safety measures and precautions to take to reduce the risk of heat exhaustion and heatstroke.
- SafeSite – This top-rated safety app streamlines your inspection and safety compliance processes with paperless forms for all your safety needs.
- PlanHub – This invite system not only helps connect you to the necessary professionals, but it can also help manage all facets of your construction business.
At PlanHub, we’ve got your back when it comes to safety. We understand the risks of construction work and know that staying up-to-date on safety measures and worksite emergency action plans takes up valuable time. Our proprietary construction bid software helps you win your next job while saving you countless hours in processing job bids and planning for a safe construction project. To learn more about how PlanHub can help with your next project, contact us today!